Saturday, September 11, 2010

No pictures...

No pictures on this post, I haven't had my camera around with me at all recently. I thought I would let you guys know what's been going on in the six or so days since my last post.
I started up French classes on Monday. At the university orientation for exchange students (of which I am the sole North American,) the faculty talked for a little bit about the area and the school. Several times they would say a joke in French and the response came so late after everyone had to explain the joke in Russian, German, Spanish, English etc., it was hilarious. After some talks the faculty assumed we we're tired, so they set up some tables full of wine bottles and glasses to get a sample of the region's wine. This was the point when I realized I made the right decision to go to Bordeaux.

Last night I went out to la Place de la Bourse where young people go and sit, drink, and hang around the reflection pool. Here is a picture off of Google, it actually looked like this.

That's really all that's been going on! I have French classes about two hours a day, I've been searching around the interweb for places in the city center, and I've been spending countless hours sitting at cafés chatting up my new euro-friends. As a side note, a bottle of award-winning Bordeaux is 4 Euro, while a pint of beer at a bar can be 9. 


I promise pictures soon!


-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment