Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cultural Learnings

The French are expert loiterers... and I think I like it.
Whether it is sitting at a café for an hour an a half while drinking an expresso or laying around some eight-hundred year old monument; the purpose of going out is to enjoy the time, not to scarf down un hamburger. I can't remember how many times I've been walking around the city having absolutely no idea what time it is.


Today Beth and I went to a pretty legit Italian restaurant here in the city. We were thinking it was going to have a pretty large wine menu, but all we ended up finding was, "Go into the cellar and pick out a bottle," (in French of course.) So of course we had to go down, and when we got down there we saw legit wheels of cheese, sides of beef, and a wall of wine. So alright that might not seem spectacular, but that was just shocking to me that a restaurant would actually use real ingredients. And the pizza was soo good.


An Arab open market today at St. Michel. I bought some oranges but I was thinking about buying some of the live chickens.




This is around where your place will be, mom.





The bottle of wine I bought for un amie's birthday party I'm going to tonight. I didn't get I.D.'d

-Nick

2 comments:

  1. great pics,nick,keep them coming. how was the wine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have bought a live chicken..There is always next time. Looks awesome!! Skype soon?

    ReplyDelete