Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Je Suis Arrivé

After a long flight on Sunday (someone had a medical emergency, paramedics stopped the plane on the runway,) I made it here in France. I made it in to Paris at around 7am local time, where I had my first real French conversation to buy a TGV (high-speed train) ticket to Bordeaux. Somehow I ended up with the right ticket, and the train ride went through beautiful countryside. 


This is my room as I enter, on day one.




Another view


On day two I took a tram to the city center to set up my bank account, get a phone, etc. and walked around. This is la Place Pey Berland, and was my first sight after the 15 minute tram ride.


Views while tying my shoe...





-Nick

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing already!! Skype soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo exciting...lots of old eyes trying to read this, can you make the narrative bigger...lol love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep taking tons of pictures! Gah Nick you're going to have such a great time! -your pal al

    ReplyDelete